What can you do to stay looking younger? There is no Anti Aging Magic Potion that will clear your wrinkles overnight, but with discipline and a good Anti Aging Skin Care routine in place you will be on your way to looking younger for longer.
There are many drastic solutions available for anti aging skin care to help you look younger, from the traditional cosmetic face lift to injecting chemicals like Botox into the skin to provide a temporary wrinkle smoothing effect. Not everyone is willing, or financially able to go to these extremes. So what can you do on a day to day basis that will help you feel and look younger? By following the 7 steps below, you will be on your way to a more youthful appearance for longer. And remember it is never too late (or too early!) to start a good anti aging routine.
Ten tips on looking after your body and mind:
1. Drink plenty of water every day. Most doctors recommend 7 to 10 glasses a day. Water flushes out toxins, keeping your body and skin clean. Also your skin will look clearer and plumper if it is not dry. Definitely the first step for “anti aging skin care” to look younger.
2. Eating Healthy Food Rich in Antioxidants. According to dermatologists, just as healthy diet does wonders for the entire body, fruits and veggies that are comprised of antioxidants such as vitamins B and E are mainly great for skin. They play a significant role in protecting the skin from free radicals in the environment, which causes severe damages to skin cells. Further, this prevents breaking down of collagen and elastin thereby avoiding the formation of fine lines and wrinkles. Individuals who stick to this diet throughout usually attain a youthful, vibrant and healthier skin irrespective of their skin type and background.
3. Aim to lead a stress free, calm existence. If you are stressed the body releases chemicals which years ago would have helped you to deal with the problem with “fight” or “flight”. Since these are not a solution to most of life today’s problems, the chemicals will stay in your body and cause you to become mentally or physically ill. Ensure that you sleep well and exercise regularly. Use whichever techniques help you to relax – taking a long warm bath, massage or aroma therapy are just a few to try. Remember, extreme stress will just cause your hair to go white and your face to look tired and lined. Enjoy life!
4. Regular exercise, taken at least 3 times a week and daily if possible, will work wonders in helping you look and feel younger. Ensure the exercise is vigorous enough to make you break out in a sweat and your skin will look younger as toxins are flushed out. Remember to contact your doctor before drastically changing your exercise regime.
5. Avoid UV radiation as it is the major cause of premature skin aging and wrinkles. Ensure you always have adequate sun protection for the climate and your skin type. Buy facial moisturizers which contain UV protection for daily use. Use of a good quality high factor sun cream should be part of your daily routine. A tan might look good for a while but you will age and wrinkle quickly and be more prone to skin diseases such as cancers.
6. Try to cut out nicotine and alcohol consumption. Smoking will age you as chemicals in the smoke are aging to the skin and will reverse your anti aging skin care process. Additionally, if you are forever squinting through smoke, crows lines around the eyes will appear all too quickly. Alcoholic drinks contain many toxins which are harmful to your health. Excessive drinking will mean your liver no longer copes with ridding your body of these toxins.
7. Exfoliate the Right Way. Exfoliation methods depend mainly on the skin type. Therefore, it is essential to consult a dermatologist to be sure of the best way to maintain a healthy, firm and youthful skin. Most of the exfoliators aim at sloughing off dead skin thus leaving a smoother and glowing complexion. Further, regular and correct use of the right exfoliation help to build a strong and firm skin that cannot collapse easily.
8. Incorporate Healthy Fats in your Diet. Most fats, such as omega-3 fatty acids, enable the body to absorb essential vitamins that contribute to a super-healthy skin. They help by reducing inflammatory skin conditions thus leading to younger-looking skin and improved appearance. They are available at an affordable price and the user may consider consulting a medical professional before consumption.
9. Exfoliate the Right Way. Exfoliation methods depend mainly on the skin type. Therefore, it is essential to consult a dermatologist to be sure of the best way to maintain a healthy, firm and youthful skin. Most of the exfoliators aim at sloughing off dead skin thus leaving a smoother and glowing complexion. Further, regular and correct use of the right exfoliation help to build a strong and firm skin that cannot collapse easily.
10. Look for skin care products which are anti aging (those containing the ingredients Vitamin C, retinol and ceramides are very good). Try different anti aging skin care products to see which works best for you and moisturize daily. Remember, if you feel good about yourself, you will look good.Please share and like: