Jade roller is a popular skincare tool made of jade stone. Jade rolling works by assisting lymphatic fluid drainage that can cause a depuffing effect and boosts blood circulation. The massaging effects are highly beneficial, aiding in skin toning, detoxifying, and enhancing glow. Further, it is useful for sculpting, improving elasticity, diminishing fine lines, and better penetration of skincare products.
Jadestone has anti-aging properties and uses rolling action to decrease puffiness and help in clearing out toxins. Although intensive research is required to confirm results, this technique originated in China, is useful in the relaxation of facial muscles, and imparts a cooling effect on your skin.
How to use a jade roller?
Usually, you can glide the jade roller on dry, bare skin. You can also use it after applying a moisturizer or serum, thus utilizing it for product absorption. Roll the tool upward and outward from the center of your face. Such action promotes fluid drainage as the rolling motion is towards your lymph nodes. Experts say that the above described directional movement helps negate gravity alongside lifting your skin. As you roll the jade roller over your face, the pressure you feel is minimal.
Gua sha massage is another tool for skincare, and it uses the same mechanism. The jade stone used for gua sha has curved sides and needs to be gently pressed on the face. You should move the stone upward and outward, similar to the jade roller.
Also Read – How to protect skin while wearing a face mask?
The technique is essential for the best results. Here are some helpful application tips:
- Store in the refrigerator: You can feel a cold sensation when you touch a Jade stone as it is naturally relaxed. Besides, you can store it in your refrigerator to further enhance its coolness. Therefore, on using it later on your skin, you will sense a more soothing effect.
- You can pair a sheet mask with your jade roller. The roller helps to give a smooth touch on the mask. Therefore, the mask can adhere to your skin and provide a cooling effect.
- Ensure that your roller is clean and tidy. Since you are using the tools on your face, you must clean them regularly. If you do not take care of its cleanliness, there are high chances of bacterial infection. Hence, it would be best to clean the tools with warm water and soap after you use them. Make sure you store them in a clean and dry place.
Which of the Jade face rollers can you use? Let’s glance at a few of the best ones!
- Sephora- Rose Quartz Facial Massager: Helps reduce puffiness and soothes the skin as it has skin nourishing properties.
- Revlon- Revlon Cool and depuff Jade stone facial roller: Boosts circulation for smooth and bright skin.
- Kora Organics- Rose Quartz heart facial Gua Sha: Enhances your natural beauty and stimulates circulation alongside depuffing, sculpting, and lifting your face.
- Pacifica- Crystal wand secret weapon (Rose Quartz facial roller): Provides a cooling, relaxing and soothing effect on your skin.