Wrinkles are those long folds in your skin that show up as you get older. The older you get, the less your skin produces proteins like collagen and elastin. This leads to your skin becoming thinner and less resistant to damage.
Factors like environmental exposure, dehydration, and toxins can all make your face more likely to develop pronounced wrinkles. Wrinkles are a natural part of getting older, and there’s no reason to dread getting them.
But if you would like to slow the signs of aging on your face, there are various ways to go about this. But first, it’s important to know what brings about wrinkles.
What Causes Wrinkles?
So you’re getting older, and you begin to notice some weird long lines running along your forehead and lips. Well, no need to panic because it’s completely normal. What’s not normal is your wrinkles coming out too soon or coming out in places where they’re not meant to.
You begin to see wrinkles appear in areas where the skin naturally folds during facial expressions. These areas include the forehead, lips, cheeks, and the skin under the chin. They develop due to the skin becoming thinner and less elastic over time.
Some facial expressions, such as smiling, frowning, or squinting, lead to the development of fine lines and wrinkles at a young age. These lines get deeper and thicker as the person gets older.
So many factors contribute to the development of wrinkles which include:
- Sun Exposure
- Some Medications: allergies and hypersensitive reactions to certain drugs could lead to irritable skin conditions.
- Environmental And Genetic Factors: pollution, heat greatly affect the way our skin cells develop especially when you fail to nourish your body causing vulnerability to skin infections and wearing off.
- Exposure To Ultraviolet (UV) Light: from sunbathing, tanning booths, and outdoor sports increase the development of wrinkles.
What Kind Of Wrinkles Occur Around The Lips
Wrinkles around the lips are a common theme because the lips happen to be one of the places that fold during smiling, frowning, and other facial expressions. They’re referred to as lipstick lines.
They could also be called vertical lip lines or smoker’s lines. They affect only the lip area and develop along the upper lip and directly on the lips as well.
Other parts of the body like the neck, back of the hands, and arms, also get wrinkled with time due to their exposure to the sunlight.
Treatment Of Wrinkles
There are several ways to get rid of the wrinkles on your skin and most of them are easy to do. All that’s required is dedication and consistency. Here are the best methods for treating wrinkles which can also serve as treatment for wrinkles around the lip. They include:
- Sunscreen Protection: it’s important to protect your skin from the ultraviolet rays of the sun. This prevents your skin from getting drier, thinner, and weaker faster.
- Reduce Sugar Intake: this is necessary for the proper development of your skin. The kind of diet you’re on greatly affects how your skin develops. Reducing sugar intake helps promote good health and this improves the tone and lifespan of the skin.
- Quit The Habit Of Smoking: Smoking is a known detrimental factor to a person’s health. What people don’t know is that it also affects the skin. A habitual smoker is liable to look older than his or her age due to toxicity to the skin and the drying up of the lips. So the simple solution is to quit smoking.
- Use Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is a natural emollient. That means when you apply it to your skin, it fills in the gaps in your epidermis and makes your skin feel smooth. Showing your skin some love with coconut oil doesn’t just make it smoother, it also helps skin retain moisture, which makes your face appear fuller.
As earlier mentioned, wrinkling of the skin is a normal aging process and should not be fussed at except of course it happens too early. It’s also important to develop a high level of confidence in your skin, doing so by taking good care of it even when the wrinkles burst out.
Remember that you look good as long as you feel good about yourself.Please share and like: